I’ve been searching for a place to rest my head, perhaps I have found it. We’ll see.
This frustrates me: Of my 3 SX-70 cameras, only one works. One buzzes incessantly, the Sonar version must have a puncture in the bellows and only spits out white, wasted polas (it has taken one proper photo ever, above). The remaining, mostly functional SX-70 has a lense with a focal length of 10cm-3m and pops out of the camera at the shortest range, requiring it to be re-affixed to camera again. The shutter is only tripped by using a key, or a similar metal object to connect the two contacts. Ironically, this is the camera that looks the most broken but is the only functional one.
I’m hoping to set up a flickr sometime soon, given that I have much time on my hands and should be able to maintain it easily enough if I get all the startup done now.
There’s a lot to do before I go away after Christmas. I have a lot of design work to finalise for church that I’d only partially finished during the uni term.
Current projects I’m trying to work on, or finish, include:
- a (new) quilt I started a long time ago
- a pinhole camera
- obtaining a folding medium format camera, diana, holga or similar
- developing the last negatives from Japan (2005) and starting on the negatives from Europe (2007) – yes, I do hate my film and refuse to care for it properly. It is refrigerated, so surely that is something.
- reading the pile of 7 books next to my bed
- making a summer dress before summer is actually over
- getting this blog/website up and running in a format I’m happy with!
- planning a trip to the US with my brother, revisiting all the places we saw when we were kids and going to all the places we’ve heard about since…
Til next time,